PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 58,000 mile 1996 Ranger. 75 pictures!

atikovi
07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
http://www.fototime.com/F7D6898C45FE3AA/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/640D2156FF79417/standard.jpg

I’m selling a 1996 Ranger regular cab 4 cylinder 5-speed finished in Medium Lapis Blue Metallic(aka Electric Blue) with the gray interior. I’ve got 75 more pictures at http://www.fototime.com/inv/FE344B8973AE39A The truck has over $2,000 in new or recent parts and service including:

New Valvoline oil change
New Motorcraft oil filter
New Motorcraft air filter
New Motorcraft fuel filter
New Motorcraft platinum spark plugs
New Motorcraft spark plug wire set
Recent battery
New Motorcraft serpentine belt
New Continental timing belt
New Continental timing belt tensioner
New Motorcraft upper radiator hose
New Motorcraft lower radiator hose
New Goodyear heater hoses
New Prestone coolant flush
New Zerex coolant change
New PBR Ceramic front brake pads
New ProStop front brake rotors
New Motorcraft oil seals
Recent rear brake shoes
Recent rear brake drums
New Valvoline DOT4 brake fluid flush and change
New BCA inner wheel bearing (one)
New Motorcraft oil seals
New Mobil1 Synthetic transmission fluid change
New Ford fuel gauge sensor float
New Trico wiper blades

It also has a set of four Goodyear Integrity tires with very good tread.

The truck is in great condition. The body is excellent with no dents and the paint is beautiful with no scratches or blemishes to speak of. The truck has all original paint except the left fender which had a small dent and I just replaced it with a new fender so there would be no body filler that could crack years later. The paint match is so good you couldn’t tell it was painted if no one told you. Plus the truck was just detailed with Meguiars clay, Meguiars polish and Meguiars Synthetic Sealant, including the backside of the wheels! The chrome on the bumpers is great and the step pads and rub strips are very nice. The interior is excellent as well with no rips tears or stains to mention. Mechanically it runs and drives great. The powertrain pulls strong and feels smooth both while accelerating as well as cruising and the transmission shifts precisely with such a light yet tight feel to the clutch and shifter that even your grandmother could drive it. The steering wheel is on dead center going down the road with no shakes or vibrations at speed, the brakes are firm with no pedal pulsations or pulling to one side when stopping, and the suspension is tight. I recently drove it 750 miles each way to Wisconsin and tow dollied a car back with it and the truck never missed a beat. And when driven empty, it gets a real world 30+ mpg on the highway, 25 mpg overall in mixed driving.

I will probably put it on Ebay later. I’m pricing it at $3,995 and can deliver within a few hundred miles at no cost, or a little further for $0.35/mile. I’m just outside of Washington DC

EMB1230
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Are those Explorer seats and the center console from an Explorer?

99offroadrngr
07-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Are those Explorer seats and the center console from an Explorer?

If you just called them explorer seats, why would you question it?

EMB1230
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
no those are factory ford ranger buckets, usually found in splashes or decked out 4x4's in that generation

my question is why the splash decals when its NOT a splash? Yeah it's pretty spartan besides those seats. No tachometer and basic am/fm radio. Nonetheless, a beautiful truck :D

Johnbaum13
07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
....my question is why the splash decals when its NOT a splash?

I was wondering the exact same thing. Clean truck though.

atikovi
07-27-2010, 04:12 PM
The seats are from an Explorer and the console is from a Ranger. The console bases and front mounting arraingements are different between the two. As far as I know, no Rangers of that era came with 10 way drivers seats. 6 way maybe but even that is very rare, and I don't think any 6 way passenger seats were available.

Added the splash decals because I like how they look.

Anyway it's been sold for $3,800.