PDA

View Full Version : Hi from OK

vicious
06-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey all! I bought a ranger new in 1990 and had it until 2002 when I had to get rid of it due to having a larger family. Fast forward 7 years and I am getting my baby back. It was my second vehicle, and first reliable new vehicle. Obviously it's a '90, but on top of that it's an extended cab XLT 2.9L 4x4 with a manual transmission. I'm not sure of the miles anymore but when I let it go it had already rolled the odometer once. I won't be picking it up again until September, so I don't know what overall shape it is in, but I know the body is still straight, the motor still runs, and it drives. Some of the bad I know about are the hubs are gone, time for a manual conversion maybe, the interior is pretty much shot, and the motor is tired. It'll be a fun project full of nostalgia when I get it back. Some future plans are to get the 4x4 working again, freshen up the motor, get it riding a little higher, and make it more comfy inside. I don't plan on going bigger than 33's in the future as I think that's the perfect size tire for a dual purpose rig. Setting it up as a baja chase vehicle has always been a desire, but costs $$$...who knows...

I'm long winded, I know, so I'll just go back to lurking for a while.

-Jimmy

RangerJustin
06-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Welcome to FRF! So how did you find your old Ranger again??

STL
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome

Where in Oklahoma are you from I live in Springfield Mo

scooby stew
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
welcome from the U.k

vicious
06-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Let me start from the end and work my way back. Thanks for the welcomes! I'm in Duncan, so I'm a little drive from Springfield.

My parents are still in VA, where I was when I let it go. It went through another owner who was no where as nice to it as I was, and when they decided they didn't want it anymore my family found out and picked it up. Now it's just waiting on me to fly out there and drive it back. Gotta go back for a wedding in September so I'm going to kill two birds with one stone.

I'm excited. I still have my first vehicle too, an 85 Jeep CJ, but the truck and I have a LOT more history. I put more than double the amount of miles on the Ranger before I let it go than I have on my Jeep to date. Memories of sitting close to my girl in the front bench seat abound. I'm sure some of you know how it is if you have the bench. I regretted letting it go the minute I did it. I'm just glad to be able to make amends now!

Jay FX4
06-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Welcome aboard!