PDA

View Full Version : My freakin' speakers

03RangerKid
06-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Ok so i got my amp installed professionally and i think they messed up my speakers. When i turn my radio up a lil' loud my speakers stop and its just my subs. Anyone know why this is happening?? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

philm
06-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I would let the installer fix the problem being that you paid to have it done properly.
Is the same amp powering both the speakers and subs?

03RangerKid
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
no the speakers arent hooked up to the amp.

BigT8600
06-01-2010, 06:53 PM
what kind of deck do you have?

Sounds like the speakers are out of phase...meaning the installer hooked up pos/neg wrong. At a high level this will cause your deck to go into safety mode and cut off power to those channels.

another thing that may have happen is called grounding out. If one of the speaker terminals on the back of the speakers or a part of the speaker wire is touching metal on the door frame or panel it can cause the ready to shut off temporarily.

the installer definitely needs to go back over his install. sounds like he did a quick job and didn't take his time.

nvr_done
06-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Wow you guys are quick to judge for not knowing the full situation. Who installed the deck? Are your speakers factory? If all he did was install a sub amp then I will guarantee its not his fault.

I deal with quick to blame customers all the time(i am an installer), and 99.9% of the time after they calm down and think about it, or I go through and tell them that it prolly is a blown speaker or what not, they bite there tongue real quick.

rangerhippie
06-01-2010, 11:18 PM
take it back to the installer there are a number of things it could be. he'll be able to diagnose your problem. hopefully he'll do it free to seeing that is acting up only after he touched it. another good tip to is to test it before you leave your installer, or show you how it works, then you don't have to come back if something is wrong. just my .02

03RangerKid
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
do any of you think that if a speaker wire in the back was touchin metal, it could cause the speakers to cut out? I ripped out the back speakers pissed that i blew them both and there are loose wires back there i just never thought about it. And i have a dual XR4110(not the best i know but i have gotten 3 stolen and its not worth it).

rangerhippie
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
if a speaker wire is out yes it can cause your speakers to ground out. this will cause them not to work. it may also throw your deck into a safe mode which would shut off all your speakers on that channel.