PDA

View Full Version : UK Newbie

dervdave
06-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi from the UK, am I the first ? :)
Good to be here, hows everybody doing ?
The Ford Ranger isnt as popular as some other pickups in the UK so there aren`t any clubs here.
I`ve got a 2.5TDCi XLT, had it over a year and only done 13k miles.
Had an Isuzu Rodeo 3.0TDi and a Hilux 2.4Td before that.
The Ranger is definately the best driving truck out of the 3.
The new model Ranger is due in the UK at the end of the year and might be looking at getting one if the price is right. :rolleyes:

Ford Ranger: Pick-up with a new design - Autoblog UK (http://uk.autoblog.com/2009/02/26/ford-ranger-pick-up-with-a-new-design/)

Old-skool1972
06-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Welcome to the site !

scooby stew
06-07-2009, 01:54 AM
hi dave at last another uk member welcome

dervdave
06-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Morning boys ;)

scooby stew
06-07-2009, 02:34 AM
morning dave

mrphdvr
06-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Welcome, U guys in the UK and other foreign countries are lucky. I would love to have a TDI and a real set of extra doors. We're stuck with the Explorer Sport-trac and no diesel option. I guess I'll have to do it myself.

dervdave
06-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Welcome, U guys in the UK and other foreign countries are lucky. I would love to have a TDI and a real set of extra doors. We're stuck with the Explorer Sport-trac and no diesel option. I guess I'll have to do it myself.

I think the US will be getting the new model but when ?????

mrphdvr
06-07-2009, 04:36 AM
The TDI won't happen and as long as we have the sport-trac, neither will four real doors. I see a lot of styling cues in common with the sport-trac in the one that you guys are getting next. I have a family now so I need more than 2 doors. My super cab is great for just me. Not only that but with our current elected officials trying to sink their teeth into the auto industry, we will see a big change and quite possibly a drastic reduction in how many trucks we will have to choose from. Can we say return of the "mini truck".