PDA

View Full Version : throw out some ideas..

rangerdanger745
05-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey guys, i have 2 rockford fosgate 12" p2s in my truck in a ported box. The problem is that my box wont stay in one place in the back of the cab. Its only 38" wide so theres plenty of room for it to slide. The transmission hump and the hump at the back of the cab wont let it sit flat. Please throw out some ideas so i can keep this box still. Oh, and i want this to look legit so no bolting it to the cab (Dont want to drill a hole in my baby)

Thanks

BAMA BOY
05-23-2010, 01:37 PM
i made some legs in machine shop when i had 2 kicker 15s just bolted them to the box

tcmills3
05-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I had a veted box in the middle and just cut it down the middle

joldtown
05-23-2010, 06:55 PM
4 supports that run the width of the box:
2 on each end and 2 that run parallel with the hump.

Where in Al?

rangerdanger745
05-23-2010, 07:42 PM
4 supports that run the width of the box:
2 on each end and 2 that run parallel with the hump.

Where in Al?

Selma.. 50mi outside montgomery

hecktix
05-24-2010, 06:49 PM
you could also take the jack stuff out and some how and incorperate it it into being a vertical brace for the box. the only problem then if you want to put the cover back on you would have to trim a bit off the cover... or buy one from a junkyard and trim that one.

i made a little temporary amp rack where the jack was, and the jack stuff still fits there nicely.

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/members/hecktix/albums/blue+leader/7008-temp-amp-rack.jpg

tskater14
07-08-2010, 12:32 AM
build you a shelf to place the box on it helps alot... heres one i built for my buddy (sorry its a chevy s10) he has a huge box that sits on it ported with 2 12s and 2 amps that both mount down to the front of it just in front of the box hope u get somethin u like in there =)

Clinton
07-08-2010, 12:44 AM
You could try running straps, similar to wall ties from the bottom of the speaker box (1 on each end) run the straps to where your jump seats bolt in, take the seats out, drill holes in the end of the straps and put the seats back in. Then you don't need to drill into your truck and you can hide the straps under the carpet. I like the platform that tskater14 made though, very nice idea if you're willing to go that route!

tskater14
07-08-2010, 12:47 AM
thank u! my buddy spent 3 grand in his new system so he wanted everything to look professional and neat so me and him took 3 days to do everything

Clinton
07-08-2010, 12:54 AM
That's really good work, you guys should be in the business if you aren't already! Really nice work!!!

tskater14
07-08-2010, 01:31 AM
That's really good work, you guys should be in the business if you aren't already! Really nice work!!!

im actually in the middle of tryin to start a business ive come up wit a logo and everything i live in a small town called sequatchie so its sequatchie subs and got a ss logo and puttin it up under the felt in the boxes i make and sell now i appreciate the comments =) makes me feel like im doin good!

Clinton
07-08-2010, 12:28 PM
im actually in the middle of tryin to start a business ive come up wit a logo and everything i live in a small town called sequatchie so its sequatchie subs and got a ss logo and puttin it up under the felt in the boxes i make and sell now i appreciate the comments =) makes me feel like im doin good!

That's awesome! I bet you could sell them on ebay and stuff too and make decent money!