PDA

View Full Version : New from Oregon Too

Twisty
06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Thought I'd join in after seeing the other "Mossyback" post!
I'm in Hillsboro. Bought my Rig from MacKenzie over here on TV Hwy. One of only two brand new vehicles I've had.
Have done nothing to it - yet. Was looking at a couple other forums to find out about chips or some way to get just a bit more pull. In Aug., 2008 we bought a 2004 Fleetwood Utah Pop Up. Dry weight is a bit over 2600 lbs. With all the equipment, dogs and such, I'm sure we're getting close to 3500 lbs,
with most of that going into the truck. Only had one small warranty fix. I like the truck much more than I thought I would.

scooby stew
06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
welcome from the uk

Tom
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, what all do you have planned for it?

RangerJustin
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Welcome to FRF, there is a good programmer out there, ask Tom the poster above me for whom to contact.

Old-skool1972
06-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Welcome ! ! ! ! !

Twisty
06-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!
Tom, I don't have any plans really. I figured I'd read up on a forum or two to get some ideas. Curious about the "chips" or programmers but can't justify the cost right now. Besides, how do I know which one to get? Seen good and bad info on several ones I've looked at. I used to do all my own mechanicals but I'm not interested in that anymore. That is part of the reason I bought a brand new truck and I am looking at software rather than hardware. I'll be hangin' around.

Tom
06-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Well, I have a tuner from Doug @ bamachips, bought it a few years ago after hearing a lot of positive comments about his work. The few times I tried contacting him about problems with his tune I never got any reply. A year or two later he eventually made a re-appearance and did a "I'm back" thing, and fixed my tune for me.

I've been hearing a lot about Fred @ rogueperformance lately but in regards to who actually does better work it would be hard to judge considering that most people only have experience with one tuner in their vehicle lifetime.