PDA

View Full Version : Interior LED

njremoval
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd like to put some floor LED's into my Ranger but have had trouble finding anyone who sells them, anyone have advice on a place to purchase?

RangerJustin
05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
search ebay and the like for LED pods, or you can go cold cathodes, they are mainly for computers but light up real well.

olfordtruck
05-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Check out my pics. All the LEDs and equiptment for all of it is from Advance Auto Parts. They sell OPTIX made by Streetglow which is the only thing I use. Pepboys sells Pilot which I do not car for because it is lower quality and overpriced but its an option i guess.

Jilllyy
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
what about yellow LED's ? ... they're not at any auto store I've been to sadly. And would a yellow light-bar in the back be street legal?

RangerJustin
05-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Yellow LEDs all over the internet

yellow LEDs - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+LEDs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

What would the yellow light bar be used for? If it is not used while driving it will be fine.

Jilllyy
05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
i wanted the yellow light-bar tucked up against the bed door ... lol but i guess no sense in it if it can't be on while driving ..

and thanks - i'll have to order some offline soon

YlwStrk2001
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I got my underground kit (tubes) and interior lights from Advance Auto Parts. All of them are OPTIX. They also sell LED's in strips or in pods. The pods can be placed just about anywhere. They have the red strip to go across the back to act as a break light, and also an amber strip for under a door or under the side bar. Most of their products are made by OPTIX, which is an excellent manufacturer. I just now finally replaced one of my tubes under the truck, and it was only $40 for the "64 tube.

olfordtruck
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Only the red street bar is legal. To get yellow Optix and Streetglow sell them online. That is the best product to buy hands down. There are also other small manufacturers that make yellow and multicolor leds that contain yellow... but i still reccomend Optix/ Streetglow.

Mike
08-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Good place to get LED's in singles and bars is // EFX EURO EFFECTS \\ - Advanced Ride Technology | LED Lighting accessories, Neon Accessories, HID Conversion Kits, and more. (http://euroeffects.net/). Thats where I'm getting mine. Friend has them in his car, and they look sweet. And they have them in lots of colors.