View Single Post

Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Blowin pure white smoke out exhuast pipe

Hi Im Aaron. Im from georgia. I have a 94 ranger that has been a awesome truck. takes everything i throw at it.

I'm having trouble with white smoke coming out the exhuast. This is pure white smoke like the kind from a fogger or smoke machine. there is absolutely no blue tint to it, its sold white. I can crank up the truck with out the ac on and it will not smoke one bit. but as soon as i turn on the ac it smokes like the devil. Runs great no loss of power nothing just pours out white smoke. oil level is good. coolant level it good both are full and where they need to be. i had taken the heads off due to blown head gasket. took heads to local speed shop to have them checked, cleaned, and new valve seals. everything checked out great. put heads on went great for 2000 miles. i parked the truck and bought me an f150 till i got my ranger fixed. I really dont know where to start. i had show in one forum on the 6.0L powerstroke where the egr valve was the problem. could this be the problem? need some help on figuring this out. I love this truck and really dont want to get rid of it. here is a list of what has been done in order since ive had the truck. 1) gas filler neck, 2) radiator, 3) fan & fan clutch, 4) water pump (dad broke will i was at work he was trying to take fan off the old school why srew driver and cresent wrench) 5) head gasket 6) upper and lower radiator hoses, 7) new front brake lines, calipers, rotors, rear wheel cylinders and shoes. Now its smoking white smoke out the exhuast and has been sitting for 4 months but i go out crank it and drive it with out the ac. i know letting a ford sit around and not be ran is not good for it. but i want to fix the smoking first. thanks for any input.
1994 Ranger w/ 4.0L 2wd all stock besides lifted 2" in front, with 265/27/15's and monroe sense a shocks in front with coil overs in rear. k&n air filter in stock air box. plans to make cold air intake for it and true dual exhuast.