View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Welcome to FRF, & enjoy!

Default Re: Best low cost hand gun available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 289Ranger View Post
Since we just got conceal and carry in Wisconsin I've been looking for a decent handgun.. i have fired the SW40 before and i loved it as well.. any recommendation for the 500-800$ price range?
oh jezz thats a big list.

First decide on what round you want .38, 357, 9mm, .40, .45 ect.

then go with guns. also start renting guns to find out which one suits you best. here is a "small list"

-S&W J-frame revolver (more $379ish-$700 depending on model)
-Glock
-XDcompact
-XDsub compact
-XDS (single stack .45)
-1911's
-S&W M&P compact
-S&W M&P sheild (single stack 9mm or .40)
-LCP
-LC9
-SRC ruger series

ect ect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrich View Post
For concealed carry the only choice, because of size limitations would be a small Keltec or Ruger .380 semi auto...
----------
How do you carry a 1911 .45?
Honest do you Concealed carry? or just going by internet talk?

first why do you need a .380 baby bullet? I have carried my full size 1911 5" barrel .45 in the summer in shorts and t-shirt and can conceal it just fine. It has to do with the right holster and belt.

Brandon(Redrocket) for instance was at my house for a party with about 25 people he was carrying his FULL size XD.40 and he is a skinny guy and no one knew, till we started talking about holsters. Its all in the hostler/belt.

Click Me..... << click that it will take you to the post in this thread that has my 1911 4" .45acp in front of my Crossbreed holster. I can wear it all day with no fatigue and actually forget its on my hip. That is my prime carry gun all the time... I also have a s&w 442 .38+p airweight revolver. my smallest gun and smallest caliber hand gun, I hardly carry it. I would never choose a .380 when you can have for instance a XDS single stack 1" wide .45acp which is slightly larger. I'll take real take down power over small ammo anyday.

XDS vs LCP .380

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
I carry a 1911 .45 easily. There is such a thing as a compact frame 1911.
Hell my 1911 isnt compact frame its just 1" shorter barrel still the same size stock as full size.
33x13.50 Toyo M/T, 15x10, Body Lift, Rebuilt OHV, JBA headers, Hurst shifter, Warn VR10000-s, Class 1 bars, Belltech Shackles, Mustang GT rear disc, Level II hooks, Modded rear hitch, Custom front hitch, Level II Blue seats and black console, Explorer IRS rear cover, Extang fulltilt, Leer Cap Yakima Roof Rack, Cobra 29 with firestik stake mount, Scangauge II
Few mods

Last edited by Redneckstone; 08-07-2012 at 02:38 PM.