View Single Post

Old 03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Legendary

Default Re: You and Your 4-Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post
That I knew, but for me I don't need all the speed when I have capability too, I'm a thrill seeker but to be able to say I went further then anyone makes me just as happy. Most 4wd's I've seen are automatics, which I hate but does make them capable, I would get a manual if I could find one. Plus I'd use it for work. I used to make pretty good money cutting firewood when I lived in trees, I could use it to haul smaller logs up to the road, or go scout for trees to cut (on the road mind you Tread Lightly Member)
My Bruin has pulled an entire tree cut up. I had a 250 Big Bear 4wd that moved an old fallen oak (it was huge) just by throwing a loggin' chain on it and yanking it out of my driveway ('99 ice storm in the south).

If I remember right, that Big Bear was 4wd manual shift. But it was all 4wd, all the time, with a shifter for high and low. It was pretty peppy too in high, and a mf'n beast in low. Harder to steer at high speeds. The Bruin is push-button 4wd.

I've personally owned 4 Yamahas: an old Moto-4 100, a Moto-4 250, the Big Bear, and now the Bruin. All have been top-notch. I don't know for sure, but from what I've heard, I'd steer clear of Arctic Cat and Polaris. IMO, Yamaha is like the Ford of ATVs.

98 Ranger XLT 2.5L
203,000+ miles