View Single Post

Old 07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
If it works,don't fix it!

Default Re: 99 2.5L Engine Cranks, but won't start after replacing broken timing belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by White99 View Post
Just had a lengthy conversation with a mechanic from local shop.. here is the advice I got..

#1 Camshaft Postion Sensor (from reading other posts, I though I should start and run even if poorly even if this was disconnected) mechanic said I wouldn't have a code yet because it compares itself to crank position to ensure fuel is sent at correct time to cylinders.
Haynes Manual says it is located behind the oil pump pulley.. explains why I couldn't see it before.

#2 Going to try to start with ether (starting fluid) to check for fuel injector problem (already know fuel is getting to them) going to check them individually if I start on ether

#3 - Possible that I broke the camshaft sprocket locator pin (said the pin sets behind the cam pulley and ensures that it is correctly aligned to the crank) not probable though

#4 also changing the remaining plugs on the exhaust side of the engine
My guess would be the Cam sensor....I believe it tells PCM when to fire the injectors....If they fire after the plug fires then you have a no start condition...

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Torque it down till it breaks off, then back it off 1/4 turn.