View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome to FRF!

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Kohl's is implementing a new inventory system. It's supposed to help us keep more accurate inventory accounts and not cram our shelves with merchandise.

Problem is, my store is inefficient as shit as it stands. Right now, it looks like a Tornado hit the damn stock room and threw everything around. The other day I had to search for a pillow for a customer that wasn't on the sales floor. It took me 10 minutes to look through all of our pillows, because nobody put the pillows on the stock room shelves, they just left them all in the boxes and threw them in the aisle. I've been to another Kohl's a few miles away, and their sales floor and stockroom are perfect compared to ours.

With this new system, certain employees are specially trained to use the new system. All of us are supposed to locate the specially trained associate and let them find the items for us. And if that associate is not available, we have to call the manager to help us. So not only do I have to track down someone who is qualified to do the job, I have to wait for them to do their job and come back with the item. I don't see how this is gonna save any time at all. There's no way in hell.

Right now as far as I know, I'm not gonna be one of those individuals trained in the new system. Even though I'm in the top 10% of employees who know their shit and actually do their jobs, I guess it was a better idea to give the job to ape dipshits that run away from customers. Since I don't plan on staying there much longer, I've already trained myself on the new system, and if I can't find the special education associate, I'm just gonna do the job myself. If they don't like that, life sucks. I'll just pull the customer service card.