View Single Post

Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Sellout

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Earlier I found out that I've lost ALL of my scholarships. $5000 worth. Covered everything except living expenses. Why? My fuckin gpa was 0.10 too low. Can't they cut a guy a damn break? I had trouble adjusting to college and was completely unprepared from high school and got a 2.0 my first semester. Though I was also taking an advanced biology class and a Spanish class that was wry difficult for me. But I pulled it togethor and got a 2.75 my next semester. And that was working full time to get by. Seems like a good enough increase to show I'm actually trying right? Guess not because my 2.4 overall average was WAY to far below 2.5 for them to give me the chance to keep my scholarships. Lost it all. And they gave me no warning. I need to get $7000 in loans to cover my classes and books in the next month.

Oh and best part. Know that government aid that's so freaking amazing? Helping everyone afford college? Apparently my mom makes too much (listed as a single mother of 3) to allow me to get ANY financial assistance. The woman said that the government thinks my family could easily provide $5000 for my college education. I said yeah that's pocket change. I loose more then that in the dryer. Then hung up the phone. So yeah now I'm freaking out. And I've worked my ass off to save up $500 for a series of truck mods that i don't even know will happen now.

----------

Oh and a guy I went to school with texted me because he can't wait to get his refund check. He gets $15,000 in scholarships a year and $5000 government assistance. Why? Biggest ass kiss in high school and his family knows everyone so he got every local scholarship that existed. And his fathers a farmer so his income counts as $0 on the FASFA so he can get the max allowed amount of gov assistance. He owns a monte Carlo, Chevy silverado, and a '70 Nova. Along with his own $15,000 cabbed kubota tractor his papaw bought for him.

----------

The FASFA people sure are wantin to give me a "great" deal on student loans through the government though!