View Single Post

Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
FRF <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Demon
Haha I feel like this is going to get confusing. But getting another persons' perspective would be great!

I have a 95. About 4 years ago I decided to do a front swap to a 98, which I know requires 98 fenders, hood, core support, header panel and bumper. So that's what it would take to get it to a 98. Here's what I am curious about and why. the 98 to 00 is my FAVORITE headlight assembly. It's bigger and just meaner looking to me. that said I think I like the grill and bumper from the 04-newer. Now from what I can tell, and I could be wrong, the only difference between header panels is on the newer panel there is a strip underneath the lights (which on the 98s are hazard lights or something). So in theory can I just keep the 98 lights, header panel and install an 04 grille and bumper. Or would this require a ton of fabrication. I know it's probably never been done that way but I figure someone who has done these conversions has better insight.
I put an '07 grille on my '99 by just cutting it away a little on the back and at the hood latch. but of you really want to make it look like an '07 you'll need a different hood and everything. Hope this helps.
White '99 Ranger 4x4, 3.0, 5 spd. Torsion bar lift, 32x11.50 BFG All Terrains on Ion Alloy 15x8 rims, Custom Magnaflow turnout exhaust, K&N drop-in air filter, Cobra Super 19 mini CB, Sony Audio system and custom white dash trim, Air horns, throttle cable mod, airbox mod, manual hubs mod, 200k miles & PAID FOR
Rangers > Jeeps!