View Single Post

Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Gun Totin' Cowboy

Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiddy View Post
Changed out my ashtray/airbag switch for one with a cubby hole
That's a good little modification.

I took mine to a local shop to have the left/front tire re-balanced. Mechanic's shops are hilarious to me. The owner took my keys, got in the truck, and instead of pulling it straight into the shop, he takes off down the street and comes back. He then hops out and proceeds to open the hood. As soon as I saw this, I stepped up and asked him what he was doing, to which he replied "getting information". Getting information from under my hood to balance a tire??? Uhhh....yeah. I then told him to close the hood and don't worry about anything under there and just balance the tire. Might I add, my engine runs perfectly with no out of the ordinary noises or check engine light at all. He then tries to tell me that my *new* wheel bearings are bad. Sorry, my boy, but I just replaced those things, and I've been checking them religiously ever since. Places like that are always looking for a sucker, but not this guy, and not today.