View Single Post

Old 03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Danger Ranger

Default Re: Cheap hid kits!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrod21 View Post
There were two things I saw that pulled me toward the VVME kit. First, is quality. The ballast are a little larger but they are metal, waterproof/weatherproof and feel solid. They also had adjustable ballast brackets, nice in those tight spaces. The plastic ballast on the DDM kit felt cheap. All the wires had a good thick insulation, and extra plastic insulation for the wires that stretched across the engine bay. All the connectors had rubber gaskets. It came with a relay and the DDM kit did not. Each ballast had a ground wire. It came with all the necessary mounting hardware and 4 wire ties, plus 2 smaller bolts. I guess for the ballast, if you needed smaller bolts. The kit just felt more thought out and had more attention to detail.

The second thing I noticed is completely subjective. After I drove both cars for a few months, I just felt the VVME kit looked better. I felt like the lights gave better visibility and had less glare. I know this can be due to other things, such as the headlights and the fact I comparing two different vehicles. But I have piece of mind with the VVME kit and I don't with the DDM kit. Just my opinion though.
I got my DDM kits last week. It came with everything you stated the VVME kit had. With the exception of a ballast bracket, that was the only thing i did not like about the DDM kit. I ended up having to use Double sided sticky tape, which i dont feel confident about.
-Mustang Dome | Expo Console | Expo Bezel & Buggman LED Mods
-Thule Roof Rack (in progress)
"I want to die young, as late as possible"