Thread: 5.0 in a 2003?
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Mr. MPG

Default Re: 5.0 in a 2003?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_high View Post
i talked to a guy yesterday that put a 5.0 in his 07 and he said that if you get a rebuilt motor it automaticly is whatever year it was rebuilt in so that makes it easy lol
woah woah woah. hold on.

That makes zero sense. that means when i finish rebuilding my 1958 oldsmobile 371 engine it will be a 2012 engine and will need fuel injection, cats and a control module to meet 2012 requirements.

Maybe they guy meant a crate motor from ford? I know for sure that when you swap in a newer motor to an older car, you have to meet the emission requirements for that year motor. you could use an older motor and than try to fit on all the emission stuff you need for your 2003 in order to pass but that seems it would be hard to pass visual inspection and would probably have to go to a "referee" or someone like that. i cant remember what they actual title is but basically they just do the tailpipe sniff and as long as you are running clean from the pipe you pass smog.
and yeah, you wanna spend dat moneh on dat pusseh!