View Single Post

Old 06-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Battery drain associated with other electrical problems.

Hi all, first post since Introducing myself. Well, I'm chasing down a battery drain in the Ranger in my Signature. It's seemingly always been there and burned through quite a few batteries. A guide I found online says a maximum of 35 milliamps draw total is normal when the truck is off, however im currently drawing around 314 mA. (Yes this is after the 45 minute "cooloff" period) When testing the fuses, we found that fuse 25 is drawing around 50 mA, and fuse 26 is drawing around 250 mA. (Fuse 29 is drawing 4 mA, but we're assuming thats for clock/radio saving functions) After a lot of research I feel that it is the "Generic Electronic Module (GEM)" which is causing all the trouble. (Not sure about wires as we havent pulled anything apart). Another problems I'm having with it are the Door Ajar light is always on, even when the door is closed (apparently a common problem, which also could be related to the GEM). I don't really want to tear apart the dash or spend the big bucks to get a module/reprogramming for it to be something completely different. Any thoughts would be appreciated. And also, the Dome Light is disconnected with no bulbs, since the switch went bad anyways.