View Single Post

Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Diesel Truck & Coach Tech

Send a message via ICQ to Gunner Send a message via MSN to Gunner Send a message via Skype™ to Gunner
Default Transmission would not go into gear

So I had all my wisdom teeth pulled a few days ago and was unable to drive for almost a week due to pain killers etc. My truck just sat not being used for this period of time. When I did get back into it to drive, I started it up, let it warm up and reversed out of my parking spot just fine. The problem was that when I went to go into 1st, the shifter wouldn't go in, as if the clutch wasn't released all the way and the mainshaft gears were still moving. I tried other gears and the same thing happened. I clutched in and out several times to spin the input side of the transmission while in neutral to see if it would line up but would not. I eventually got it to go into gear and the problem never returned, but I just found it odd it would do this after sitting for a few days.

My thoughts were:

1. Most of the oil drained back into the bottom of the case, and the syncros were dry
OR
2. The clutch bled down it's pressure causing it to not fully disengage, allowing the transmission to spin enough to prevent gear selection.

What are your thoughts on this? Did this problem ever happen to you?
Please share!
MBRP stainless catback
"Air Box Mod" with K&N drop in
GlowShift Oil pressure & Volts in A pillar pod
T-bar crank to level