View Single Post

Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
'05 Tremor

Default Re: Show Your System

I've got a 2005 Edge with the Tremor Package, which originally had the 6 CD Changer HU in it, but after a while it had mechanical failure and wasn't spitting out or taking in CDs right...and I got sick of using an FM transmitter to play music from my MP3 player, as it would always cut out and you'd hear a bad background static.

I ended up swapping the HU for a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH, seen here:

It works a lot better, connects to my Motorola Droid 4 through Bluetooth and even lists my tracks.

I also added a couple of old Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 8" subs to give it a bit more kick, with a Rockford Fosgate P300-1 Mono amp to power them (which is slightly overkill):

The problem I ran into...as is known with the Tremor Package when making any changes, is that the stock 510 watt Amplifier that comes with the system won't run right when the stock Tremor HU isn't present...so currently the stock amplifier is running the 4 door speakers and the 10" sub in the enclosure in the back, there's a background white noise whenever the HU is operation because it's constantly searching for a signal, and the 10" enclosed sub is barely operating.

My proposed plan to fix this: I will be getting http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X4-Compact-Amplifier/dp/B004T163SY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT2_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3EJPYP3E87L3C&coliid=I3JJ746A8NPAS to power the door speakers and have the original Tremor 10" powered by the 510 watt factory amp.

Depending on whether or not THAT sounds good, I may be replacing the factory Amp and Subs all together, in which case I'll replace it with the MTX Thunderform Dual 10" Sub enclosure for Rangers, have the RF P300-1 power it and get a third amp, probably http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X1-compact-Amplifier/dp/B004T163PW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3EJPYP3E87L3C&coliid=IIP6ZDE9A5RHR to power the two 8s.

Mind you I don't listen to a ton of rap or bass heavy music, it's mostly Death metal, but I do on occasion pop in some Prodigy, so it's nice to have the boom when needed.

What'ya think? Suggestions? Am I on the right track? Thanks!