View Single Post

Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: Deepest muffler for a 2.5L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
^^^He's looking for deep, not raspy. Somewhat of a hard task to accomplish on a 4 banger.

^^LOOOOVE that quote!! LOL!!

Sad thing is....it's a 4 banger. And we all know what exhaust normally sounds like on a 4 banger: rice. lol. I kinda would love to own a 2.5 with a mild exhaust...like a 50 series or a borla. I absolutely LOVE the growl those Lima engines have. I can tell what 4banger a ranger has by it's growl. Love that 2.5 growl. lol. Hard to explain what it sounds like, but owners of them like yourself probably know what I'm talking about.

From my experience at least on the V6's, the Flowmaster Super 44 is the deepest tone.
so to start off this is my first post so try not to sone me with words straight out of the gate. i've had some experience working with those smaller high output engines those exhaust systems are designed for flow rates and packpressure characteristics that come with higher and quicker revving angines. the backpressure and flowrate requirements for smooth idle and powercurve. i'd do some reasearch to see what exhaust combination would produce a slight increase of torque near the bottom of your power band. again im new to the forum and to ford i dont know much about these angines yet.