View Single Post

Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

A little background to go along with my signature, I was with search and rescue all through high school but had to stop when I went to college, home now and graduated so I joined back up and as part of that my goal is to build my truck as a daily driver that is very capable for the duties that will be demanded of it. I am going to document some of the more recent work I have been doing to make it a more capable Search and Rescue rig here.

What it started life as - 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 4.0

little bit of paint, lots of interior mods and some wheels and tires and this is how it was for most of my time at school

The major work started in December, got a good deal on a used superlift from a member here and went to work.

replaced all the ball joints with MOOGS because I was taking it all apart any way.

Lift done

Front Receiver hitch project

after explorer springs and December mods

the shocks with the lift were shot so next came lots of goodies from Fox Racing

all the shocks are installed but waiting to do the coils when I tackle a later mod.

My receiver is often occupied so rear recovery points were necessary

welded some LII hokes to the rear hitch

A few pictures from after a mission.

Next came something to fill the front receiver. XRC 10 Winch.

Tensioning the cable

Next came HID Projectors ( D2S 4300k Morimotos Five5s)

and most recently is a place to mount more of my gear to free up the cab for transporting teams Thule Moab Basket with modified mounts so it sits near flush with the roof. My shovel, axe, chain saw, Gas, water and 48 hour pack will all go on the roof. (sorry about the dark pics it was getting late.)

those are all currently in work along with Lockers and gears. soon to have 4.56 gears with a Torsen LS in the front diff and an Auburn Ected LS/ Locker in the rear.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be working on a complete mod list soon because there is lots more I have not covered here.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more pics!

More pictures!

pay no attention to the boots, not mine lol.

Build thread http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...cue-truck.html

Support Search and Rescue ... GET LOST!

Last edited by Mikerider; 04-25-2012 at 03:57 PM.