View Single Post

Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: Chirping / squeaking from my 2000 ford ranger 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahabiker94 View Post
Hi im new to the forum and I have joined because i have a problem that i was hoping to get some insight on. I have a really annoying squeak/chirp coming from under the hood of my 4.0 ranger. ive replaced the belt tensioner already and that didnt fix the problem. with a little more investigation it sounds like it is coming from the rear of the engine, or from the trans. ive been searching the net and ive seen everything from bad smog pumps, exhaust leaks, the cam synchronizer. im lost right now and have no clue what to do next. the truck is my daily driver to work and school so i need to figure out what the problem is before it can progress to something more than "just a noise".

This seems to be a pretty common problem with these trucks so any insight on what i can do to resolve this would be greatly appriciated.

----------

just an added note. the noise isnt relative to engine speed. infact it stops around 2500-3000 rpm unless the truck is cold.
hi new to forum myself
have the same problem with uk spec 2.5l ranger wildtrack intermittent chirruping squeak which seems to be a belt
this has been driving me nuts
i would`ve put money on it being a slipping belt or water pump
left engine on tick over to open hood to investigate and the squeaking stopped when i touched the hood check it out again and its definitely the hood which need adjusting
hope this helps