Thread: Straight pipes
View Single Post

Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Straight pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin View Post
Hey guys, I want to get straight pipes on my Ranger but am unsure about a few things. I don't know what size pipes i should get. And i've heard of guys having Heartthrob and Flowmaster Straight pipes. Idk if there is anything special regarding straight aluminum piping or FLOWMASTER aluminum piping. But then again i will admit i'm a noob. My questions are; What is the average price for straight pipes in the average shop? What size piping would be best? and finally Would somthing like this work?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/universal-x.../p2006261.jcwx
The stock pipe size is 2.25 inches. If you're gonna do strait pipes I would avoid the x pipes. I also wouldn't go bigger than 2.5 inches in diameter because if you do, it will sound like crap. I'd also recomend using an H-pipe set up instead of the x pipes. Usually a strait pipe exhaust in a local exhaust shop isn't very expensive. When I first started testing different exhaust systems many years ago, all I was charged just to cut muffler off and weld in a piece pipe in the muffler's place was $10.00 bucks of course there wasn't any bending or anything like that either. Also please keep in mind that a shorter exhaust will be alot louder and higher pitched than a longer exhaust system will be as well.

www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com