Thread: Cat Delete
View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM
"Race Internals"

Default Re: Cat Delete

it may throw a code & CEL for the rear O2 sensor not being happy, which i had happen with my monte carlo, but it won't throw the vehicle into limp mode or anything. might not even throw a code (my mothers isuzu never did). plus you'll more than likely get better fuel mileage and more power.

the cat's i've done, instead of cutting them out i unbolt the exhaust and use a peice of rebar & a hammer to bash gut the cat out, then fire it up & rev it to blow all the peices out, & repeat untill nothing blows out. without the shell of a cat in there the vehicle will fail a visual / safety inspection, even if your state / county dosin't have emissions testing.
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!