View Single Post

Old 03-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Lightbulb Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyRanger View Post
hey guys. so I just got a ranger, and it has 2 12" subs (W3s by JL Audio) and 2 amps (one is a JL Audio 500/1 and the other is a Almani PA-800.4) I do seam to be getting anything out of either of them. the JL Audio DOES NOT have the power bulb lit up, so I figured that was the main problem, but I have no clue why its not getting power, everything looks like its all plugged in correctly, but I have next to no experience with audio set ups like this, any help would be great. Ill get pics up later.
For 1 thang, your 2 JL 12W3's are way underpowered with that 500 watt JL amp. Do you know if they are 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs ? Hopefully 4 ohm, if you want to keep powering them with that JL amp for now.

What head are you using ? Is it the stock head ?

What are your 4 full range speakers ?

The Almani 4 channel likely does around 75 watts RMS per channel, which is fine, but not near the rated 125 watts RMS. Otherwise, looks like a solid amp.

The Almani amp should have an 80 amp fuse immediately after the distribution block in the minimum 4 gauge power wire going to it. The JL amp should have a 60 amp fuse likewise located in its minimum 8 gauge power wire. You should have a minimum 2 gauge main power wire from the battery to the distribution block with a 150 amp fuse within 18 inches from the battery.

Make sure all that is good to go.