View Single Post

Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Drivin Slow & Lookin Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtt8600 View Post
Falco,

How many miles do you have on it? How long has this been going on? could be bad gas if it just started recently. have you checked your air filter to make sure its not clogged up? Have you changed your fuel filter within the last 20,000 or so miles? If it has a little debris built up, it may cause this hesitation you are talking about.

also...
spark plugs (if you havent changed them recently, or if you have, check them),
If you have never cleaned the throttle body, and mass airflow sensor, then do a search on this forum and read about doing that. Pretty easy to do and can sometimes fix a small problem like this.

My last thought...How old is the battery? Doubt it is electrical but put a volt meter on it when off and it should read a little over 12 volts and when its running, it should read higher, preferably about a volt higher.

Sorry for all the random thoughts, its just tough to diagnose without knowing any of this.
thanks for the feedback man. Umm it's always kinda done it.. so i don't think it's gas related. it has about 58xxx on it. i just put in a k&n air filter so i don't think it'd be that.. The fuel filter and spark plugs haven't been changed to my knowledge. i bought it used in May. And i haven't cleaned the throttle body and mass air flow sensor. And like you i don't really think it's the battery.. I don't know how old it really is, but it's good. i think. haha. Thanks for the help.
JVC Stereo | K&N Air Filter | Bushwacker Bed Rails & Tailgate Cap | Recon LED "White Lightning" Light Bar | Smoked Corners | Curt Hitch | Low Profile Black Diamond Plate UWS Toolbox | Stock Ranger Rubber Floormats | Bwad's old '06+ Tail Lights | '08 All Red 3rd Brake Light | 15% Tinted Windows | Blacked Out Headlights | Painted Honeycomb Black | Black Ford Ovals | Fog Light Mod |Silver Star Ultras| '06+ Fender Badges | Hornblasters Air Horn | Tremor Rims