View Single Post

Old 02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahflyboy1 View Post
Ok so I just purchased this truck, it's an 05' with 123500 miles. It's a 5spd regular cab....my issue has been from idle up to 2000rpm there is a miss when not accelerating (also rough idle). I replaced the spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, checked the vacuum hoses and do not have any engine lights on.

Today I had to pull the battery out to jump a neighbors vehicle, when I replaced the battery (which reset the computer) and drove the truck the miss was gone! It ran like a charm.....until I shut it off at the mall. When I started it up again the miss was back! Is my computer bad? Maybe my IAC ??

Any help appreciated!

Andrew
if you end up fixing it please let me know. so far i have changed my ect sensor. i cleaned my iacv, again and tested it for resistance. I think it was just about 0.0 I cleaned my maf. in the last 10k miles plugs wires, pcv, fuel filter, air filter. clean utterfly in TB. I was suspecting fuel injectors because i got a misfire code p0303 a few weeks ago. i cleared that up with a new fuel filter and some techron. then when i discovered that the mis went away when i reprogrammed the pcm. does anyone know if what happens with the fuel injectors right after the pcm is rebooted.

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).