View Single Post

Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Ford Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post
Go to the track and bulls--t with them. You can make good friends and fun times. Get online to search for clubs, talk to the guys on the forum around you. Drag racing btw is a quarter mile 1320 ft. In that many feet with the right car, your free (shameless Fast and the Furious rip off lol) you really are. Now they are limiting to 1000 ft. If nothing else go look for street racers in your area. (I used to street race, I do not condone street racing, or watching it, but there is nothing illegal with being around them when they are not committing illegal actions or trespassing) They may not answer your questions but you can get some in with some guys who may help you. Rally racing is the SHIZNIT!!! It's pure adrenaline from start to finish!!! Hauling balls down a road that may or may not kill you! Shifting gears, you have to trust your car, your skill and the guy with his balls in his throat next to you giving you directions!

As for rebuilding stuff, take your time. Do your research, and have a buddy help you out that knows what he's doing. It takes a lot of measuring to make sure you have it all right. It's awesome that first time you start up the engine. First engine I built 383 stroker Chevy, 475 hp, first gear four low the front tires off the ground. I loved that K5 I put it in, and that was the bitchinist truck. That engine note made me cream my pants lol
Haha, Alright.
I'll take your advice on the tracks and racers.

I want to build something thats got a lot of muscle and a lot of sound,
But all I have to put it in is my Ranger,
And I don't know how I would know how to build something that would fit in my truck,
Where do i find stuff like that out?

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.