View Single Post

Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 AM
5.Oh All the way

Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: Timing belt replacement... how to?

IF you have the bolt off, I just took a hammer to mine and lightly tapped around it, if that doesnt work, you will need to rent a balancer puller.

here is my VERY FIRST post on any forum of any kind when my belt broke on my old 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
A few days ago, my timing belt broke going down the road. kille dthe engine and started coasting. I didnt know how to change a timing belt, but i do all the work on my 94 ranger myself. Im no mechanic, but i have fixed anything that goes wrong with my truck. I got the truck hme and took off everything needed to get the timing belt off...(fan, shroud, drive belt, harmonical balancer pully, and belt cover) then i got to the Here is the advice, and it WOERKED!

-to get the nut off the crankshaft, put the transmission into 5TH gear. apply parking break, and have someone to apply regular brakes (if no assistant available, block tires good), I think the nut on mine was a 22 mm, but im not sure. Then take a breaker bar or a regular rachet with a pipe over the end for more leverage. You need all the leverage you can get. I used a breaker bar with the 22mm on it. Stand on the passener side near front fender and with the bearker bar on the nut, have the bar over to the driver side as far as you can then pull on it as hard as you can!, mine started coming loose, then swoosh, it broke free, no problem! email me at dixie_boysles@yahoo.com if you used this information and it worked. goodluck!
-scott

Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers