Thread: Blown Fuse
View Single Post

Old 02-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySwindle View Post
Thanks. I already changed the ABS Speed Sensor (should have mentioned that). The computer code came up intially and said that was the problem. I may pull that out again and look at how clean it is. I don't think I cleaned the area very well when I install the new one. I'm not sure about which brakes I have. I think just the rear ABS but not 100% sure.
They are sensitive. I also would check the contact on the wire and make sure they are clean. clean the area well around the sensor. if there is junk lifting the senor up it can screw it up. look for damge on the wire also. a damaged wire could be shorting it out.

I also have my own theory that is not backed up by any data. I had an issue with the abs/vss sensors on my truck not lasting. the last time it went out I checked my diff fluid and it was down a quart i filled it up and the sensor has been fine for 6 months.

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).