View Single Post

Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Touch it.

I've never gotten very many miles out of my brakes. I just assume it's my driving style though. Nest time do them yourself if you can. I was lazy once and took it into "just Brakes" for the $99 pads and shoe change special. After they pulled the wheels they told me I needed New rotors and drums, and wheel cylinders. They Said it would be $800.00 I went out and looked at it myself. The rotors just needed to be turned, not replaced, and the drums were fine. They said the wheel cylinder needed replacing because there was mud around the seals and that the mud would cause it to eventually start leaking. I told them thats what brake cleaner is for, and to put it back together, and I would do it myself. First and last time I ever took my truck somewhere to have my brakes done.
2003 Ranger FX4 level II. 3" BL, 33x12.50 GT Radial Mud Claws, Custom front and rear bumpers with winch hookups, custom flatbed, with hi-lift, and full size spare mount, 12,000 lb winch mounted under bed, Electric fan, and of course a flowmaster.