View Single Post

Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Cant Complain

Default Re: Advice on Purchasing a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettelor View Post
So I probably want a V6 unless it has an unusually low amount of miles or I know that they drove it easy and that I will too?

I'm kind of leaning towards the 2WD. It doesn't snow enough for me to need 4WD or anything, so I would only be getting it so I could screw around off roads and stuff a little more probably.

Ooh, I looked at that link and it said something about learning how an engine works. I just read it's guide on how 4-stroke and 2-stroke engines work. Very interesting, I'll have to look around there more about how different car parts work. I'll be sure to get into the Limited Slip Diff soon.

So since I don't know how to drive a manual yet, I'll have to be sure to take someone with me that does when I go looking at trucks that have manuals so they can get a feel for it then.

Awesome, that's all I really need to fit in the bed anyways and the main reason I'm getting a truck. That and I just want one.

What are pre-Tacoma Toyota pickups? I'm not very familiar with the different truck models.

I'm pretty heavily leaning towards a manual transmission, I'll try to push for that when I finally pick one.

I'll look at all of that stuff when I get to looking at specific Rangers then.

The 4cyl vs V6 seems to me like I'd get more power from a V6, but I'd lose some gas on it. If a little bit of gas mileage is my only drawback from getting a V6 which has potential to last longer and has more power, I'll probably get a V6.

Thanks for all the advice again everyone. If anyone has anything new to add, or just wants to reinforce a point someone has already made, feel free.

Really? I hit the link and it brought me to the differential stuff, try it again if it doesnt work then just google, 'how stuff works, differentials"