View Single Post

Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default New guy with stock 94 Ranger 4.0, need mods advice

Okay I’m brand new here so I bet I’m fixing to ask questions that you guys have answered a thousand times so feel free to direct me to old posts.

Anyways I have a 94 Ranger ext cab 4.0L 5 speed 4x2 that I bought new. It has around 200K miles on it and has been the best truck I have ever owned. It has had little to no problems and is 99% stock. It is in excellent condition and still drives and feels like new. The tranny was replaced under warranty at 50K miles. She still consistently gets 21mpg and does not use or leak any fluids at all. The only thing I have done to it so far is I have cleaned out the dual converters. I had to clean the MAF sensor last year and it probably needs a new one. The clutch is also on borrowed time. Before I do anything alse to it I want to learn what all can be improved on so that I don’t waste time or money replacing stock parts if there is better stuff out there.

So what do yall recommend for mods if any?

I use it for a work truck and pull a 12’ enclosed cargo trailer. I want first reliability, second economy and lastly power. I already have a highly modded powerstroke for my power needs.