Thread: Aleo's 95
View Single Post

Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Like the Forums

Default Re: Aleo's 95

Ok, school and work have been crazy lately. Vacation this week, so I took today to put some fogs up front and get the weird valence thing up front off. I wanted and had rectangular fog lights that I wanted to throw on, so I took the valence off because it had round holes and I thought that would look pretty weird.

Anyway, I thought it looked better without the cheap plastic hanging there. I ended up cutting most of the bolts due to rust, but it could be bolted back on if I ever change my mind.

Looks weird without the fogs...

So I did this!

Had to grind the sides of the mounts a bit, but they're on there pretty good. Still need some grinding to get it even, but that can wait until I get the wiring done. I tried to hook it up to the old stock foglight wiring, but I gave up on that in favor of my own work and switches. The only annoying thing is that the fog light switch still serves zero purpose. Oh well.

Since I work at a fabrication shop, I'm going to try to get some stuff from there and maybe get a bit of work done if I have any down time or anything of that nature. For one thing, the bolts holding that step will be cut. It's held in there about 73 ways from Sunday. It wasn't going anywhere.

Then maybe the rack. Also, with this week's paycheck I'll have enough to buy some lockout hubs, finally. Sick and tired of the spring and collar "automatic" hubs that have to roll to lock.

So there's the update! Thanks for reading!