View Single Post

Old 02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

I used to hit the yards frequently for side cash from treasures that would show up. The old cars that i used to hit are drying up so well, I don't do it as much anymore.

My best find was a 67 Thunderbird that JUST hit the ground when i got on that aisle. Why is that a big deal? well lets break it down

- $12 for the air cleaner and I sold it for $411 on Ebay
- $4 for the rag joint and $65 on Ebay
- $5 for the smog tubes and fittings and $45 on Ebay
- $Free.99 for a Pertronix kit that was on it. Gave it to a buddy that was with me
- $Free.99 for a remote cable trunk release from the same T-bird. Gave it to my buddy too.

Air cleaners on 67 Thunderbirds are special. They are junkyard gold f you find them. I was tempted to take the Kelsey Hayes calipers that are on those cars too, but I didn't have the tools with me to take all that off.

I have been 'yardin for years. A friend of mine is much more hardcore than I ever was but I learned a ton from him about what's a hot buy and what to avoid.

One I learned to avoid was Chevy parts. I took a SUPER clean rust free 64 Chevelle apart at the yard and took all the front end sheet metal to resell. Well, Chevy guys are CHEAP, and although I made money on the parts themselves, I had to sit on them so long it wasn't worth it to me. I would not repeat that again.

1994 5.0L Mustang - Must... run... better...

Last edited by sixt9coug; 02-22-2010 at 01:50 AM.