View Single Post

Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Learning to use the forums

Smile Ranger Planned changes

Well I got this 1983 Ranger, and it is rough but surprisingly it is not that bad rust wise. But I am changing it's style out with the 89~92 body part on the dog house and the doors. I would like to change the dash out as well, so I think I am going to just buy me a donor truck that is blown up or something and start. The nice part about this truck is it has a solid bed on, and I mean real solid, a flat diamond plate steel bed, so I am going to have to cut the welds to remove the bed in order to paint the cab or roll the cab off of it, the PO did this spot primer all over the place and covered the entire area in between the bed and cab. Oh well this is a project only and basically to relive my younger day of the original "Ranger" days I used to buy a lot of. I used to have a 1992 model bought it bran-new when in the Air-force this is also why I am looking at the 89~92 body style stuff cause I like that style a lot. Although If I could get away with it I would put a 2002 style on this frame cause I like that look as well but I still got lots of legalities to check into with that in regards to emissions of this, the one reason I hate living in a city.