View Single Post

Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Ford Rangers

Default Re: FAST Fabrication 94 b4000 turn into SNORE class 7 race truck

finally getting hang of Sony Vegas... tomo before i head back to CA going to try and post up the video i did of day 2 lap 1, it has PIP and it flips back and forth and speeds up and slows down. Goal will be to make a single lap clip for each lap and get posted. Probably take couple weeks unless I get a computer to do it on in CA. My web guy is making a video of the best footage. Working on converting the video camera footage so I can upload on the web. This video that I posted is the only one that waves like that, HDRA camera guy said it was the r5 setting.

Time for some race truck updates. The parts I sent out are on their way back and should all be back here at home by end of this week. Autometer fixed the tach, and sent a new trans temp gauge, Juan reflashed the computer with a higher more involved tune for more horsepower using higher octane. Should pull in 3rd now with no cutting out. Will fine tune it during our test session next month. PCI sent back my Icom with my GoPro 2 cable upgrade so next videos will have audio thanks to my gf buying me a gopro2 for bday. Going to pick up all my new Eibach coils at end of week as long as trans parts don’t run me to much.

Some Pictures
impact, fire extinguisher, triangle, and safety mount

KFC pinion skid

Some race damage, bedside mounts. You can see welds are still there, the non full plate tabs broke

The trans, planetary shot, couple drums have grooves in them.

This is for those people that said you cant use bondo, because it will crack from the stress. Well all that abuse, not one tiny spider crack. It is all in the prep work and the methods used.

Jack and breaker bar mounts, everything is solid and dismounts easily

Our spares fit tight, check out the ware on every tube

Does this front shaft look right, as far as the little nipple/cone on the end? Is it suppose to be longer to go into the rear input shaft more?

----------

The trailer is getting lots of upgrades, first is a box in the floor that holds the winch battery and all the stuff for tieing down the truck and towing it. The new winch is fixed mounted instead of on a receiver (we got a second winch 6,000lbs bigger to put on receiver to winch a broken truck). The one on trailer is strictly for taking it on the trailer when it rolls. We use bedliner on the wood to protect it a little more. Put some lights for loading it on. Future upgrades two smaller boxes in the back for parts, tire rack up front, fuel can holders up front, and we got plates built to tie in fenders to extensions. Mounting our solar panel on tire rack so our battery is always charged.

Divider is for the battery

flooring

New winch, well both are new. Broke the 3000 at prim got a new one with warranty and its much nicer cause they switched brands

Solar power 

New winch that came with a all the cables and a fixed and remote switch

----------
http://youtu.be/i5M9eXtHl34

----------

forgot how to do the videos again
KMR thanks its sponsors FK Rod Ends, Yukon Gear & Axle, KMC Wheels, Lucas Oil, PRP Seats, Rigid Industries, McQueen Prototype Designs, Sway-A-Way Shocks, Primo Powder Coating, Dana Sniff Transmisions, JuanCo Performance Engineering, General Tire, JBA Headers, Fragola Performance Systems, Powermaster Alternators, Russler II