Thread: New speakers
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Ford Truck Driver

Default Re: New speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Yes, if you get a sub, you will need an enclosure (box) to put it in, and an amp to power it. You can replace the stock speakers with better ones to either run off the stock head or an aftermarket head, or you can get speakers that will handle power from a 2 or 4 channel amp. You can install a new head, component speakers in front, 4 channel amp, sub/box ... this is all you need for very good audio. What is your budget ? Let us know if we can help further !

Maybe around $300. I can aquire everything over time. For right now I just want some new speakers and a new header so I can plug my phone into the AUX output and listen to pandora (what is wrong with the radio today? lol). Can you suggest some good speakers to replace the original 4 in the truck? and maybe a decent header? I've heard Apline makes some good stuff and everyone on here seems to be happy with their Apline products. Later on after I know more about the technicals I should be able to just add the sub and the amplifier right?