View Single Post

Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Ford Tough

Default Re: New shocks and highway troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganwars View Post
With plugs and wires, air filters etc, I completely agree with you, nothing beats oem. Many times though, auto manufacturers will put parts on a vehicle that will meet a certain criteria for a certain price. Oem tires are one example of this, as the goodyear tires that most Rangers come stock with are barely adequate. I always thought that the oem shocks fell into this "bare minimum" category as well. Otherwise, if motorcraft shocks were really the best, why else would the more expensive rangers come with bilsteins?? I could be wrong though.

----------

I heard sensa-tracs were great for the price, or else I wouldn't have bought them. I don't like putting shit parts on my Ranger if I can help it lol. My ball joints have been changed, but my tie-rod ends are original after 110k, so I guess I 'll start there.
Motorcraft shocks suck ass!!!!! If they were a GREAT product you would see them on trucks with aftermarket suspensions. Bilstein,Rancho,Fox,Monroe,Skyjacker, and all the aftermarket shocks are way better than the motorcraft STOCK ones. Or like you said they wouldnt put aftermarket shocks on trucks with upgraded suspension from the factory, like the raptor-it COMES with fox racing shocks.