View Single Post

Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 AM
2wd = Fan of Tow Straps

Default 2wd Wheel Fitment - Hub Bore/HubCentric Rings/Center Caps....

So, I'm beginning to research wheels for my 2011 2wd truck. I understand that the hub of my truck is bigger than 4x4 trucks, and as such a lot of wheels don't have a large enough center bore to clear the hub. From what I've read, a lot of guys just run spacers to push the wheel out far enough, making clearance. Other guys get the center bore machined out, which seems more correct. Regardless of what I end up doing, I will NOT be using spacers, that much I've decided.

With all that said, I've found some wheels that I like. They are 5 x4.5" bolt pattern, and are available in 17x8, with both a 4" and 4.5" backspacing. Also, the hub bore is 78mm. My biggest question is, will this clear my larger 2wd hub? If it does clear, will it then bee too large, keeping the wheel from centering on the hub correctly? If that is the case, hubcentric rings could potentially fix the problem, correct?

I guess most importantly I'd like to know what my hub bore is, I've been unable to find it so far, and unwilling to go take wheels off in the cold.

Thanks in advance.

2011 XLT 2-Door Supercab, Vista Blue, 2wd, 2.3L 5-speed