View Single Post

Old 02-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome to FRF!

Default Re: Auto tranny slipping, "O/D" light blinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar9012 View Post
My check engine light doesn't blink, it stays on and i have to manually reset it. My O/D didn't stay on, it flashed when there was a problem and it stopped on its own. All I was trying to get across was the fact that I have had this happen with my truck two seperate times, BOTH times I had used the O/D button for towing something. BOTH times the O/D started flashing after I was done and put it back to normal. So if you've been pressing that button trying to get it to stop flashing like I did and if you truck is anything like mine it wont help. I just cut the engine off and it eventually stopped. My personal experience is that when that button is pressed and engages whatever it does in the tranny it triggers the screw up. I have not messed with the O/D over a year now, transmission is still good. Yes I should get it looked at, but its fine now. I will if it acts up again.
If you manually shut overdrive off with the button, and then your O/D Off light starts flashing, something may be wrong with your Torque Converter's lockup function.