View Single Post

Old 02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Like the Forums

Default Re: 2.5 cooling system bleeding adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by techranger View Post
Did you ever get any further with the bleeding?
Anyone have a good bleed procedure to follow say after a RAD swap, etc?
I am concerned about some possible air trapped since the swap, thx..
yeah i got even further, now i got new pressure cap, new antifreeze new everything besides the water pump which i know is good, new thermostat, i managed to get it to bleed by going down a steep hill, i don't even know how it's possible but seems ford invented air that's heavier then water and it found it's way in the rad, usually you'd have to do the reverse and jack up the front end, anyway that sorted most of the air, i changed my thermostat and redid everything again it was way easier the second time, guess my thermostat was bad, but now i still have heating issues and air, now i have no doubt in my mind the head gasket is gone or head is cracked, not fixing, just gonna keep running it and give it hell, i'm done screwing with a 4cylinder, it doesn't belong in my truck anymore

but yeah if you sometimes have trouble bleeding it out, jack up the front end in the air or reverse way around, hell it worked for me