Thread: 2010 fx4
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Ford Ranger Owner

Default Re: 2010 fx4

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the difference between the 10 and the 11 is almost nothing although I've heard the 11 did have optional limited slip. I got screwed on that deal ( no LS in 2010! And 28 spline axles too!!! What a load of crap) So Im not going to do much about the 28 spline axles but a lunch box locker or something more proper is going to be one of my next projects. (just not too sure if a lunchbox is the right choice for a truck thats driven mainly on mountain roads so lots of up and downhill and ice in the winter. Then once i toast this front end SAS. Im not too sure how thats gonna work with advance trac and stability control but only one way to find out. One thing i would like to mention is that the body lift does not seem to affect the traction and stability control adversely or at all for that matter. I wasnt sure if the center of gravity would change with the lift essentially changing the way the computer works. Another thing on my list would definately be the overhead console mod. When done well they look sweet and theyre functional too. I removed my hitch(hope i dont regret it)and spare tire(making a rack for in the box) with the lift for a cleaner look. Also the Hurst pistol grip is gone back to the ball as it didnt feel as good when i swapped out the factory hurst stick with a new Hurst 538-8022 which i must add works out very well with the lift. Does anyone know of aftermarket tow hooks for the front as the factory ones no longer work with my body lift? Also any ideas for rear hooks for the back would be a big help now that my hitch is gonzo. Comments from the experianced on the lunchbox locker idea would be great too. Thanks again

----------

Yep its tinted. And agreed, I do need beefier tires. I sold my Dura tracs. These are temporary. I haven't decided on my new tires yet. There's a few gooders. I'm not 100% sure but I may go with the good year wrangler territories in a 285 75 16 but may just go with something in 265's again.
2010 FX4, 4.10's, 5spd, 265/75r16 Dura Tracs, 16x8 moto metal 951's, Screamin Demon ignition coil w/gapped plugs, K+N CAI, 3" PA bodylift, 3" suspension lift, slightly cranked #1 t-bars, Look ma! No abs, rsc or trac control!, disconnected sway bar, HID's, Raider Canopy/topper, tint, Cobra cb radio, signal light mod, Hurst shifter, Alpine mp3 head unit and speakers, magnaflow, vent visors, jumpers deleted, modded/lifted trailer hitch.

Broke is broke but f~€ked is f~€ked