View Single Post

Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Like the Forums

Default 2.5 cooling system bleeding adventures

hey everyone...quick little nugget for ya

it's winter here, hella cold, and just recently i started hearing air bubbles in my dash area right where the heater core is located.

i noticed to take a look at the coolant level in the tank, was good, in the rad, was good also although it was dirty and almost brown so fuck it i'll just drop and replace it, that was yesterday at around 2pm

long story short i was stuck in the garage with that mofo until 9pm still trying to bleed that darn thing out of air, i've tried about all the tricks i can think of, jacked the nose up in the air, even went for a drive flat out at 160km on the highway with no radiator cap on, at the end of that drive it wasn't quite there yet but at least my heater was working and my temp gauge wasn't following my tach anymore

this morning hopped in cold as hell start it up and let it warm up for about 5 minutes, same darn thing happens air in the heater again temp gauge all over the dash...water pump is 1 year old thermostat 1 year old also, no coolant leaking and brand new pressure cap...where is that air coming from? i had to replace the original engine for a cracked head...is this 1 gone now too?