View Single Post

Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: How can I permanently disable Traction control?

In 2010 The Feds required it to be built in . The only way ( about 30 google searches ) known are to either pull the fuse , you're on your own , or to Use the sliding car button and press and hold for approx 10 seconds or just a quick push for on the spot . It seems that ABS and Traction stability is a part of the whole package tied together via the computer monitoring both items for control . The system is made for car owners to use on the street and not hard core offroad and if the sensors ( roll and Yaw ) detect a tip over , it will attempt to stabilize the vehicle by slowing it down . I had mine in the sand a few times and as long as I was moving and not spinning the wheels it was ok . When I spun the wheels the lites on the dash went nuts . I had no issues in 4 low but never hard core offroading . Also I notice it on ice and sometimes snow . So Stabilty and ABS somehow work together .... I cannot find any other way to shut them off .... I am assuming that when the ABS are off the stability control is off too . However , the computer would be looking for inputs to the speed and rotation of the wheels so I don't know what would happen .

Something else I just found but it is untested !!!!!!

From a Ford mechanic on another forum :

Another option is (and you didn't hear this from me) to unplug the active booster. When we need to run a car on the lift at work but the advancetrac just won't shut off that's that we do.

Another option is (and you didn't hear this from me) to unplug the active booster. When we need to run a car on the lift at work but the advancetrac just won't shut off that's that we do.

2010 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive
Black
XLT Power Group package

Last edited by merlin215; 01-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.