View Single Post

Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Hazardous to Your Health!

Default Re: How to: Install 3rd brake light cargo lights (when its not plug and play)

mine is a 2004, i think after 2001 they stopped putting cargos in on rangers

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggman View Post
I think I mentioned that option for my custom led 3rdBL's.
It would be pretty easy to do, just tap into your reverse light wires, run 'em inside & up to the 3rdBL & connect the wires to the cargo lights (just don't connect the cargo light wiring as well, your dome light may come on every time you backup)

While the cargo lights probably wouldn't offer much additional light for backing up, it would certainly be cool.

You could also tap into your tun signals & run them up to the 3rdBL to add turn signal functions to the cargo sections (really only useful on all red ones) as I did with my current setup.

... but both of those options are somewhat off the topic of adding cargo lights to a non-cargo light equipped truck.

BTW, nice write-up Hazardous
thanks lol

My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts