View Single Post

Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default HELP *** 2002 Ford Ranger Edge - Bogging ***

I am in need of some auto help. I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge Edition, Automatic, V6 Engine...

It was bogging down and nearly dying right at 2000 RPMS, and I recently changed the fuel filter, air filter, and oil filter, suspecting it was the fuel filter.

After making those changes, I ran it all over town, got it right in front of the mechanic, and had no problems (other than some minor jots between 1st and 2nd gear) so i figured the Premium gas and fuel injector cleaner was filtering through.

This morning, I let it warm up and it sounded fine. After pulling it out of my driveway, again it got to right around 20mph / 2000 RPMS, and it bogged badly, and then died.

I got it running again, and it continued to be an issue (dying 2 more times, and putting along around 2000 RPMs struggling to run)

Sometimes I can get it past 2000 RPMS (as it attempts to kick the pedal back at me) and it seems to do fine, but upon stopping or slowing down, the issue continues.

Any suggestions? My next guess was that the alternator might be going bad, but I am not as car savvy as I would like to be.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration in helping me through my problem!

Jordan