View Single Post

Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Ford Tough

Default Re: 98-00 4wd vacuum hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
2000 isn't reliable? Lol guess I own the wrong truck I have 160k on mine lol, i drive my truck to TN many times a year its been upnorth mi, taken it to Vermont, GA, um lol.

Btw you sure you have PVH 90% of 2000 don't it's just really early ones
I never said all 2000's. Just mine, seems like every couple of weeks its in the shop or im fixing something, I like the live axle setup alot better and my truck is pretty beat up (old farm truck) and im getting a degree in business and ill need a more professional looking vehicle, and im not giving up having a pickup. aka not a old beat up farm truck :P Im pretty sure i have PVH hubs because on my coolant resovor it says coolant check -35 degrees- 1999, I believe the car fax said it was sold in September of 1999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
the live axle set up in the late 00-current 4wd ranger is so much more reliable...prolly because the front hubs are always locked in and cant be unlocked lol
Yes i wanted a 01+ but at the time i couldn't find one that was over priced. ex 2002 with 135k was 10-12k when i was looking. If they work or not isn't a big deal to me, last year i owned a 2wd truck (open diff, so 1 wheel wonder) and did pretty good. This truck as a limited slip so that will help if 4wd doesn't work.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
i was scratching my head there, my '00 has the more reliable live axle setup, i thought all '00 up rangers had it?
Mine possibly has it? im not sure. Anybody got a vin decoder that i could use to see when my truck was made?

[sold] 1998 ford ranger xlt 2wd, Miss the MPG's, Don't miss getting stuck on wet Grass
~Winter Sucks....Then trun on 4wd ~ Me