View Single Post

Old 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM
01 Ranger Edge

Default Was hit and run :-/ Best way to fix or replace my bumper?

So I went to the grocery store Friday after work and come out to find my front bumper dented up. Whoever hit me must have done more than just back up into me because the dent is pretty bad and the force actually bent the edges of the bumper away from the truck (both sides)

No note with insurance information so I get to foot the bill on this people suck

I'm not sure the best way to go about this. Would it be possible to take off the bumper and bring it to a shop to see if they can knock the dent out and straighten it up? I don't mind a cosmetic blemish or scratches but I can't drive around with it the way it is...

How much is a new bumper? How hard is it to remove the bumper? I'm guessing I'd have to bring the new bumper to a shop to match the paint?

Also the tow hook was bent... Is this attached to the bumper or the frame? I really hope the frame wasn't bent. VERY glad it didn't deploy the airbags.

This is really bumming me out I'm hoping there's a solution that's easy on the wallet. Actually owe taxes this year so this additional expense is very unwelcome